Friday, September 07, 2007

Ouch!, a testimony, and y'all are gonna think I'm crazy

I debated putting this on my blog. I felt so embarrassed, but you guys are my friends and I felt you should know. Besides, I think you will like what I'm about to tell you. Let's go with the ouch first. First off, I should tell you that I quit the daycare job. The girls there started dumping all their work on me (since I was the newbie...it happens) and therefore I started coming home extremely tired and in agony. I really couldn't figure out why I was in so much pain. I'll get to that part soon enough. The last straw with that place was the fact that I got blamed by my boss (who wasn't even anywhere near the place of the incident) for something that wasn't my fault. Turns out one of the little kids is a biter. He ended up biting a bunch of kids that day and was leaving really horrible marks on the other kids' arms, fingers, you name it he bit it. Well, because I was in the room at the time of the incident I was to blame. Excuse me?! First of all, I was in the room by myself because the other girls there didn't want to help me. They dumped the hard stuff on me and left me there on my own while I was still new. Second of all, I was feeding one of the babies his bottle at the time of the incident and was not exactly able to reprimand the biting demon child at the moment. I did later reprimand him for biting another child, but the damage had already been done. Third of all, how DARE you blame me for something that I had no control over and you did not witness! So, because of the ignorance of my previous employer my name went up on an incidence report, which meant the parents of the bitees would have regarded me as the reason their children had teeth marks on their little bodies. NUH-UH! I don't think so!!! I left that place the day it happened. There is no way I'm going to let ignorant, selfish, biased people ruin my reputation. I'm good with kids and they knew it. They just needed someone to blame it on. OK, rant over. :BREATH: Moving on.
So, with that happening, I decided to to again, start applying for work EVERYWHERE (except daycare LOL). I applied for pharmacy technician, sterile processing, I even went back to trying to get a job as a dental assistant. People, at this point I was DESPERATE. I needed to do something and earn some money. But, this is where the testimony comes in. Remember when I said that when I'd come home from the daycare job I was in agony? Turns out I sprained my shoulder socket. UH-HUH. From the loads of work being dumped on me and carrying children around all day. Anyway, I went to see a chiropractor. Caleb had been seeing him for preventative treatment and liked him so much that I decided to see him. After a few visits the doctor ended up liking me. So much in fact that he offered me a job. He just up and offered it to me! I've never had this happen to me before! I didn't even apply there (I was actually going to) and he came to me. Now what is so cool about this is the fact that my new boss is a christian. In fact, his entire practice is filled with believers and is based on biblical values and healing prayer. How awesome is that?! I am now a physical therapy assistant. I basically assist in the physical therapy of various conditions of the human body. I started today. And you know what? I LOVE IT! I just couldn't believe (although I should have) how God stepped in and saved me. I have truly found my niche. Oh yeah, and the shoulder? Feels a lot better. Now, after reading this post do you all think I'm crazy?

3 comments:

Donna said...

Crystal, I really hope it works out!

Glad your shoulder feels better, Mine is in a lot of pain out of no whwere, since last night,not sure what happened?

Margo said...

My goodness! You've been through a lot. I've found that at times God will take you down a trying road to get you to the place he wants you to be. During the whole process you are refined and come out as gold! Congrats on finding your niche! And by the way, how dare those people blame you for that incident at the daycare! You were obviously being overworked and it sounds like to me that the staff to child ratio was way off! That's the fault of the provider - not you!

much love from South Carolina, Margo

Bek said...

hey, i think its exciting. sounds like a great opportunity!