Friday, October 12, 2007

All Out

I went all out for dinner tonight. I made cheesy 3 bean chili (mine and Caleb's own creation) with garlic breadsticks and brownies for dessert. I usually don't make dessert, but I was feeling creative tonight. I know we are still sharing recipes. The chili is just something that was kinda randomly thrown together and put into the crockpot. Caleb had experimented with this about a month ago and it lasted for 2 weeks, even eating it everyday!

Cheesy 3 bean chili
2 cans pork and beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
2 cups velveeta cheese, cubed
1 pound ground beef, cooked
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup plain mustard
1/4 cup horseradish mustard
1/4 cup sweet and spicy mustard
3/4 cup garlic bbq sauce
1 tomato chopped
1 yellow bell pepper chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
3 tbs. chili powder
2 tbs. Mrs. Dash
2 tbs. salt
Dash of pepper

Mix all ingredients together and simmer in crockpot on low for 4 hours.

I know this recipe looks different, but boy did it turn out great! It's even better with a dollop of sour cream on top!

Note: All measurements are approximate.

1 comment:

BekABoo said...

Love the crock pot! I use it to make pulled pork. Always lookin for new things to try in it...hubby would love this chili!