Monday, June 29, 2009

I've learned my lesson

The other day I spent the afternoon swimming and lounging by the pool. I used sunscreen but did not check the SPF. I also did not notice that it had expired. Let me just say OUCH. I got one of the worst sunburns I've ever had in my life. For the past 3 days I have had excrutiating pain, very little sleep and even dizzyness and vomiting. I will never make the mistake of assuming that my sunscreen is going to protect me fully. From now on I will buy the highest SPF I can find and make sure the expiration date is far far away. The good news is that I didn't develop any blisters and I've been fortunate to be able to allow myself to relax and heal for the last few days. I've gotten lots of tips on how to ease the pain (thanks gma Geri!) and it won't be long until the pain is gone and I'm sporting a real nice tan. But I will definitely be much more careful from now on. Let this be a lesson to you blog buds. The sun's rays are much harsher nowadays due to the thinning of our atmosphere. Always use the highest SPF sunblock and check the exp. date. Dont' stay out in the sun for longer than an hour at a time. Reapply, reapply, reapply. And remember to have a fun and SAFE summer!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

No kidding!! Ouch! I hope you're feeling better by now though...

Margo said...

I had the worst burn of my life this year too!