Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The results are in

Remember my post where I was talking about the pains I had where my ovaries are? Well, I had an ultrasound to see if there were any cysts. I had that ultrasound on Thursday. This morning I got a call from my doctor saying she got the results in. Apparantely my ovaries are happy and healthy. They did find a couple of little cysts but she said they were just part of my cycle. So basically everything is fine and dandy. This may sound weird, but I almost wanted there to be something wrong. Otherwise why we I be having such horrible pain? Why does it feel like I need someone to knock me unconcious whenever one of those pains strike? Can those little cysts be causing it? Even if they are nothing to worry about? What's going on? I want to know. Is it stress? Is there something else wrong with me? Are the doctors mistaken? What? I am still having these pains. And they can't find anything wrong with me. And it's like I said these aren't little pains that go away with tylenol. These pains are excrutiating. I also get terrible nausea with them. What is going on? What is my body trying to tell me? What is it saying? Sorry I'm being such a bummer. I just feel really confused. I guess I could consider it a good thing that they didn't find anything. I guess that's a good sign. But seriously, what are these pains from? Any encouragement would be so helpful.

8 comments:

Drea said...

Glad the dr's didnt find anything... have u thought about seeking a 2nd opinion? always good to do if you have doubts.

Maybe its from anxiety?
ive had pains like that due to being anxious about something.

Kat said...

I agree with Drea. You should seek a 2nd opinion. And don't discount the affects of stress. It is amazing how stress builds up in your system and you never know when pain will strike. You could be feeling 'fine' emotionally and your body is still processing the stress from last year or 6 months ago...

Glad they didn't find anything, but I really understand your frustration. You can't fix something that the doctors say isn't broken... I'll be praying!!

Crystal said...

The funny thing is that when I was working at Pharmerica, my last job, it was so stressful on me due to them making me work 60 -70 hour weeks. When I quit the pains went down in frequency but the pain threshold remained the same. Now that I'm in school, looking for a job, and packing for our move my pains have increased in frequency again. I think stress has a lot do with it. I might seek a second opinion.

Anonymous said...

Crystal, ask your doctor if your birth control meds could be a factor.

Donna said...

Hmmmm...You need to really talk to your doctor and see if there would be any other resason, sometimes you need to dig to find the answers. Hoppe you figure it out!

Meggles said...

I agree with the second opinion. My friend has the cysts on her ovaries and they were able to give her a medication that was stronger than tylenol to help with the pain. Hope you feel better soon, its no fun being in pain, especially with a lot of events going on.

Bek said...

sometimes if the reason is emotional (stress etc), the dr.s can't find it......the good thing is GOD CAN!! hey, i'd love to pray with u on a sunday OR have u ever heard of Cleveland Deliverance Center? i am wanting to go there sometime soon......its free, run by a wonderful pastor and team, (my mom works there) and they really work with you to dig deep and uproot emotional and spiritual stuff - - that can sometimes affect us physically! lemme know if u are interested and want more info........it sounds like u are tapping into something, when u mentioned the stress of that last job....LOVE U GIRL, bek

Kimber said...

Prayin that God heals your pains...and helps you find out WHY you are having them. If it turns out to be stress...I pray that God shows you how to give Him all of your "cares" and "worries"....

Hope you are doing bettter! Glad nothing was wrong with your ovaries - that is awesome news!