Tuesday, July 24, 2007

At home facial

Before I go ahead with the facial, I wanted to let you all know that I had to turn down that job. Let me explain. On Friday night, the day I found out I got the job, I had a nervous breakdown. I started crying and worrying about the job. I became nervous and afraid. And I kept hearing the Holy Spirit talk to me. Well, I guess I didn't listen close enough. On Monday, when I went to fill out paperwork, I had to find out what the Holy Spirit was trying to tell me the hard way. Turns out this guy is a total jerk and I had a feeling that he was going to try and screw me over. And he tried. I went home, talked to Caleb, who was really angry with what this guy did, and I told him I decided not to take it. Next time I will really listen to what God is saying to me! OK, now on to the facial recipe:

I got this recipe from a skincare book and it is a cheap way to get your skin feeling great.

1. Apply a cream cleanser (I recommend clean and clear cream cleanser). Leave on for a couple of minutes to allow it to dissolve and makeup and oil on your face. Rinse away with lots of warm water.

2. Boil some water in a pot and allow the steam to reach your face. Put a towel around your head to capture the steam. Do this for a couple of minutes. If you have really sensitive skin, or are prone to broken veins you should avoid this step.

3. Use a facial scrub (I recommend St. Ives or Queen Helene apricot facial scrub) and gently massage it onto your skin. Rinse away with lots of warm water.

4. Apply a facial mask (use a clay based one for oily skin or a moisturizing one for dry skin) and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse away with lots of warm water.

5. Apply a toner onto a cotton ball and sweep over your face. For first time users it may tingle, but that will die down with time.

6. Apply a moisturizer (If you have oily skin like me, I recommend Bath and Body works oat bran moisturizing formula. It works great and doesn't aggravate acne!) Take the time to massage it into your skin to allow blood to circulate to your face, leaving you with a rosy complexion.

7. And the last step, apply an eye cream. Underneath your eyes is where your skin is the thinnest. It needs extra care and can help with dark circles and puffiness.

I do this facial treatment once a month and my skin feels so soft and wonderful afterwards. Use it to pamper yourself and trust me you will notice a difference. Have fun!

No comments: