Thursday, December 06, 2007

Christmas cookie exchange

A co-worker of mine invited me to a Christmas cookie exchange at their church. I'm supposed to bake 6 dozen cookies (not the break and bake kind). So I've decided on these cookies called stained glass window cookies. Basically it's sugar cookie dough shaped into a window with the middle cut out and crushed hard candy put in the cutout. You bake them and the candy melts then let them cool so the candy hardens and voila! In this case I'll be using jolly ranchers. I'm excited but nervous. I've never made these and better yet, other people, most of whom I don't know, are going to taste them! But I'm up for the challenge. I'll post a picture of them and let you know if it was a success. I'll also be dressing up as Rudolph! So, I'm off to find antlers and a red nose and get the ingredients for the cookies. Wish me luck!

No comments: