Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A little update...

I cannot believe that 2008 is pretty much half over! It's June, which means it's summertime...and it also means it's bathing suit season. Ugh. I sure do hope that this weight starts dropping off soon. I do believe that a bit of my weight is water. My legs swelled up a little on Monday (but don't worry...the swelling is all gone) and I've been peeing every 30 minutes for the last 2 days. In fact I have to go again...but you probably didn't need to know that. Anywhoo, I've been noticing that I don't feel as bloated and I'm starting to look a little thinner. I'm not sure if this is my body playing a mean joke on me or if all of the liquids I've been drinking is starting to pay off. On Tuesday I discovered the greatness that is crystal light on the go packets. I got the fruit punch flavor and it tastes awesome. Only 5 calories per packet so you can mix the powder with 8oz. of water and consume like 100 less calories than you would with 8 oz. of regular juice. I've been doing pretty good with eating right and not eating at night. I've been drinking TONS of liquids and I've started going to the gym again. I'm still doing my turbo jam and hip hop abs but since it's summertime I wanted to get out more. So I definitely have variety in my workout. I also thought I'd let you all know that I got a new job back in the beginning of May and this coming Monday will be a month that I've been there. It's a part time oral surgery assisting job and I work 5 mornings a week. So my routine is go to work, come home and eat lunch, take an hour nap (I have to have naps due to my fibromyalgia...it does wonders for me and I feel very energized afterwards) and then I either go to the gym or workout at home (or both!). I've gotten really fired up and I've put the scale away. So that's my update of my life right now. And I appreciate all of my bloggy friends support! Thanks guys!

2 comments:

Margo said...

You go girl! Keep up the good work. It's inspiring! Congrats on the job. Are you liking it better than your past ones??

Andrea said...

Keep it up!! :) And yeah...I can't believe that 2008 is pretty much 1/2 over either! Yikes!!